Sunday, February 07, 2010

It's (un)official

The snow stopped yesterday evening, and this morning I measured 17 inches on the deck. So, yeah, we got a lot of snow. We never lost power, though, and the 2 trees that went down under the weight of the snow didn't take anything with them. They kind of slumped along the side of the house, as if someone was pushing down on their shoulders.

Today is also the Superbowl, and we have friends coming over. Chili is in the crock pot, and they are bringing something, and I am sure we will all be glad just to see new faces. But of course that means we need to shovel the driveway, or at least part of it, so they can reach our house without snowshoes.

Come to think of it, they probably have snowshoes.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

We're supposed to go to a superbowl party in "bumF---" somewhere north and east of Columbia, MD. Don't know what Mike's thinking is but I'm for staying housebound! And I measured over 2 feet in our back yard about 6 hours before the snow stopped... 25" on the deck about two hours before it stopped and that was with the wind blowing some of the snow away from where I stuck my yardstick for easy visibility from the house! (dralgoo... now there's a lovely word... not)

Jill said...

Wow so I guess the sub at our school that chili is a traditional Superbowl meal was right! It never occurred to me that a ball game would have a food, but I guess it makes sense. Hope it was fun!