From Rol, who gives me more than anyone else I've never met.
1. Was your dad named after anyone?
Yes. He comes from a long line of people named after each other. Were I a boy, I would have been named after his brother. I feel slightly bad about that.
2. What do you think is the minimal age to get married?
Somewhere in the late teens.
3. What’s the longest time you‘ve been involved with the same person?
4. What actor/actress do you consider hot at the moment?
The only show I watch these days is Mad Men, so let's go with that guy who plays Don Draper. Although in the shirtless scenes I always want to tell him to have that big, hairy mole removed.
5. What is your favourite album by a band?
The Allman Brothers put out a "best of" in about 1979. It's in my car.
6. What is your favorite album by an individual?
John Prine, Bruised Orange/Chain of Sorrow.
7. What is something you‘d rather be a bit dirty?
8. What was the last TV show you watched?
Mad Men. Janey was wearing my dress (check the profile photo!) at the Christmas party.
9. How many people have you met from the blogosphere? Who are they?
I only know the bloggers I knew before they were bloggers, although I have had long email/FB conversations with some and think they would make great friends in real life. I'm looking at you, Celtic Knot and Sue.
10. What's your philosophy on life?
Don't worry about it. You'll figure it out. Just keep moving.
11. Do you think prescription drugs are over prescribed?
I think a lot of them are. On the other hand, I think people in end-of-life pain should be able to be as jacked up as they want.
12. Would you keep a secret from me if you thought it was in my best interest?
Yes. I'm a grown-up.
13. What is your favorite memory in the last year?
There have been a lot of good ones.
14. What is your favourite guilty pleasure?
I'm not sure I believe in that concept.
15. Tell me one odd/interesting fact about you:
I have no sense of direction.
16. You can have three wishes (for yourself, so forget all the 'world peace etc' malarky) - what are they?
17. Who would you want to get together with and make a cake?
Paula Dean. Although it would probably kill me.
18. Which country is your spiritual home?
The one I'm living in.
19. What is your big weakness?
20. What's your favourite Spielberg film?
Raiders of the Lost Ark.
21. What was your best/favourite subject at school?
22. Describe your accent:
Maryland. But not Baltimore.
23. If you could change anything about yourself, would you?
Good lord, yes.
24. What do you wear to sleep?
Often, the clothes I wore that day. Occasionally a nightgown.
25. What is your favorite casual outfit to wear?
Jeans and a crisp button-down shirt. and heels. We must not forget the heels.
26. Do you use cigarettes or alcohol?
No, and only exceedingly rarely.
27. If I only had one day to live, what would we do together? (If you have no idea, just say something crazy, it'll entertain me!)
Probably sit and talk. After all, you're practically dead.