Monday, April 09, 2007

My Kind of Easter Miracle

Mom insists my sister and husband and I hunt Easter eggs, every year. When we explain that adults don't DO that, she gets all whiney and teary and shouty and insistent. We do not get to eat dinner, until we have gone through this. It is degrading, and ridiculous, and annoying as hell. It pretty much makes me dread Easter.

For the past few years, hubby and I have told the Sons that if they can find our "adult" eggs, they can keep them. The Sons have enjoyed this--the adult eggs have a bit more money in them (though, no, it is still not so much cash that we are blinded to the fact that we are adults, playing a child's game to make my mother happy).

This year, Sons #1 and 2 are old enough to feel silly, hunting eggs. I told mom that they would not be hunting. She complained, briefly, and then let it go.

Yesterday, Sons #3 and 4 hunted eggs with their small cousin, and had a good time. The rest of us stood on the sidelines, and had a good time. Nobody had to act like an idiot. Nobody yelled at us for being "no fun" until we toed the Easter line.

It was awesome. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments: