Saturday, November 29, 2008

When a man loves a woman? Really, Percy?

Was just listening to "When A Man Loves A Woman" and it struck me: no way he is singing about the love a man has for a woman:

He'd give up all his comfort
Sleep out in the rain
If she says that's the way it ought to be

You just show me the woman who insists her man abandon a comfortable place to camp in inclement weather. No, if a man is sleeping out in the rain, I will lay you odds his wife is sitting in the car, bitching. Probably texting her friends, too, to document that her husband took her camping in a typhoon.

But, hey, I am forever grateful for the man who loves this woman to put up with my heaping helping of crap. Just, you know--he can rest assured I will not insist he sleep out in the rain. Ohhh, no.

3 comments:

Sue said...

Dahahahaha! You nailed it!

Andrea said...

Your insight into the male psyche(sp?) is dead on. You are indeed the most wisest of women.

Jill said...

Yeah, no...that would be ME insisting that sleeping in the rain...I mean camping...is a great way to spend a weekend. Especially if both kids are sick with fever. Yeah. :-0 :-0 :-0 Very funny post!!!!!