Thursday, February 19, 2009

From Son #1's World History Class, Today

One of the students turned to Son #1, and said, "Screw you Republicans, because the day Bush leaves office and Obama takes over, you white people are going to be in trouble."

Son #1 said, "I've got news for you; Obama's been president for a month."

The other guy, and his friends, disagreed. Finally, Son #1 enlisted the aid of his teacher.

"Mr George? Who is the President?"

The thing is, our school system had off for the Inauguration. How these kids--16- and 17-year-old kids--had no idea, well...Let's just call me stumped.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my heck....wow! Although I am not really that surprised...

Sigh...love.that.school.NOT!

ALF said...

Wow. That is scary.

Anonymous said...

Blimey!

Andrea said...

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you our future.

Victoria said...

Too funny... reminds me of some of the people Jay Leno features when he goes 'Jay walking' on late night TV.