Thursday, February 19, 2009

From Son #1's World History Class, Today

One of the students turned to Son #1, and said, "Screw you Republicans, because the day Bush leaves office and Obama takes over, you white people are going to be in trouble."

Son #1 said, "I've got news for you; Obama's been president for a month."

The other guy, and his friends, disagreed. Finally, Son #1 enlisted the aid of his teacher.

"Mr George? Who is the President?"

The thing is, our school system had off for the Inauguration. How these kids--16- and 17-year-old kids--had no idea, well...Let's just call me stumped.

6 comments:

Cynthia said...

Oh my heck....wow! Although I am not really that surprised...

Sigh...love.that.school.NOT!

ALF said...

Wow. That is scary.

Penelope said...

Blimey!

Knot said...

No one likes to compare Obama to Hitler, but the bigger the lie the more the masses believe it. I remember a week after our first African American President, BO was elected CNN titled an article, "Obama breaks first campaign promise". Prepare yourselves Obamites, you won't get your mortgage paid or your gas for free, white people won't be enslaved and life will go on just like it has.

Andrea said...

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you our future.

Victoria said...

Too funny... reminds me of some of the people Jay Leno features when he goes 'Jay walking' on late night TV.