Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Like a 9 year old in a theme park gift shop

You've seen the kid---he wants it all, and the prices don't mean anything to him because he's not spending his money, he's just asking Mom for what he assumes she will happily shell out.

"Mom? Can I have a stuffed animal, too? Can I have this pretend license plate with my name on it? Can I have the giant novelty pencil? Can I have a hat? Can I get some rock candy? Can I have this action figure? It's only 19.95. Why not? What do you mean you've already spent enough money today?"

I used to say Bush spent our money like a drunken Democrat. I stand by that assessment. But Obama seems for all the world like a 9-year-old in a theme park gift shop.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My pastor said something the other day. First time I had EVER heard a pastor say something like this which tells you the state of the clergy these days. "No politician has ever saved a soul, so I just don't discuss politics; it's meaningless."

I've never had my thoughts crystallized so well.

ALF said...

Amen, sista.

Christine said...

Knot--

I see your point, but then again...my blog, I get to discuss whatever I like and find meaning where I will.

And to be brutally honest with myself, getting out of the soul saving business was one of my better decisions. For all involved.