Monday, January 19, 2009

I Been Tagged

Thanks to Jill. So, here are 7 random things about me:

I do not generally drink. When I do, it is almost always Malibu Rum & Diet Coke. I also can be persuaded to suck down one of those girly frozen drinks, or perhaps a Mojito. And Scotch is good, too. But only on occasion.

My grandmother gives me recipes from beyond the grave, in my sleep. So far I know how to make her stuffing and her cheese & bacon turnips, because I woke up from dreams of her with the recipes in my head. These are dishes I never ate at her table, but when I make them, my father is instantly transported back to his childhood in 1940s New York, because that was the last time he ate them. I find this oddly comforting.

I really stink at self-censorship. I pretty much say what I am thinking, and only realize it was horridly inappropriate because of the look of shocked disgust on my listener's face. So, um, feel free to stop me. You may have to make a few faces before I get the hint.

I love tulips and daffodils, gardenias and jasmine.

I really don't like oysters. Let them stay in the Bay, filter feeding. I don't even want to watch you eating them.

I have hot feet. Ask anyone. I nearly always wear sandals, even in winter. And not those clunky Birkenstocks, either: cute sandals. Because I also have hawt feet.

I am not much of a homebody. I come from a long line of women who, when the phone rings, will leave the dishes on the table and run to get in the car. I do eventually make it home and tackle the mess, but...I am not going to turn down a good time just because I have chores to do. That stuff is gonna be here whether I had a blast tonight or not.

(tonight I did not. I have a head cold, instead, like the entire family, and I can barely stand. but you KNOW that last night I made it out for blues jam)

In honor of that head cold, and the fact that my brain is not entirely functioning, I am not going to link to a bunch of you. I am just too beat. So, if you read this far, consider yourself tagged.

3 comments:

ALF said...

I am jealous of your hot feet. My feet are always freezing. Except maybe in the summer. So maybe they're not always freezing. But they are freezing right now.

Jill/Twipply Skwood said...

That's what my ex-MIL used to say (well, she probably still says it, just not to me), "Go! The mess will still be there when you get back."

Jill/Twipply Skwood said...

And why did it take me so long to see this?!?!? Ok my dad visited and I had extra stuff to do away from home this week but still...I'm a day late & a dollar short over here...