Tuesday, April 07, 2009

I'm driving a clown car

The Powerful Mom 5 (the Sons' nickname for my trusty and fabulous minivan) needs new tires and front brakes. I sat at the shop for 2.5 hours yesterday while they worked on the brakes, and came home without my car...because they neglected to tell me that the tires I need were not available.

Fortunately I had plenty of work I could do in the customer lounge. I also flipped through a People magazine (do people actually subscribe to that crap?)

They sent me home with a loaner: a Dodge Caliber.

It is miniscule. It comes up to my shoulder, I think, and I have to be careful not to bang my knees when I get in. Good thing I am short. Hubby could not fit in that car, I am sure.

It seats 4, however, so let's just say it's a good thing I didn't have plans to take the family anywhere last night.

The other weird thing? I am low to the road, which I kind of like, but it makes big trucks loom pretty darn large. Some guy cut a corner in front of me last night and I felt like a mouse waiting to see if the elephant's foot was going to miss me.

3 comments:

ALF said...

I don't like being low to the ground when I drive. That's why I need a Cadillac Escalade.

Unknown said...

I hate that (about waiting & still not getting your car). When my boy scratched his cornea I dropped off the prescription, came back in an hour like they said to, waited in line ANOTHER half hour to pick up the prescription only to be told they didn't have the medicine. Meanwhile I've left the house to go to the drug store while my boy is in pain.

Anyway, I hope they get you back into your own car quickly so you don't have to be intimidated by trucks or folded up like an accordion much longer!

Christine said...

So, ALF, did you get one? I don't mind being low to the ground but it does take some getting used to.

Yeah, Jared, I don't know why they can't look up the medicines they tend to run low on, when they see them come in, just to save you some time...