Sunday, April 19, 2009

Wii Flabby

Hubby got Wii Fit 2 days ago, so yesterday I tried it. And today I am doing it again. (It just told me I should take a 15 minute break, so you can thank the Wii for this blog post, not just in content but also in timing).

Although the Wii thinks I am ollllld, and have crappy core strength, it does appreciate my posture and general good balance. So, you know, we have a starting place, at least.

So far, Son #4 is the only other person to try it, so he and I are competing. It's fun. And I am actually a bit sweaty and out-of-breath. So, I guess it will be a good addition, especially on days when I can't get to spin class. No excuses!

8 comments:

Victoria said...

Hmmm... friend of mine wants to help me set one up (which I have yet to purchase)... been stalling... maybe I should go get one... could do with improved core strength (and general shaping up)

Anonymous said...

I often wonder if I had Wii fit if I could actually get in shape.

Unknown said...

I've been wanting to try that thing. But I have this fear of bringing anything that sounds like a video game into the house. We're video game free as it stands now and I just have the feeling if I got that thing it would be a slippery slope. Can you also play video games with the wii fit or is it a stand alone thing?

Jill said...

Ok that was kind of funny - guess my boy was logged into google. I posted my comment and right as my comment came up I was all, "Jared doesn't comment on blogs! And besides, he's asleep already!" So that last comment was from me, btw.

Christine said...

Victoria--Well, we enjoy it so far. And I think it will be useful.

Knot--I have talked to several people who say they got in much better shape when they stopped other games, in favor of Wii Fit. So I guess if you are a gamer, it is likely it would help. We'll see...

Jared/Jill--oh, if you have avoided video games so far, DO NOT GET IT! You are right, once you buy one system it's like opening the door for the whole lot. The Wii Fit is an attachment for the Wii--so if you have that, you ALREADY have games. I think we'd be better off with no game systems at all...not to mention, my den would be much tidier...

ALF said...

Wii fit 2??? I haven't not heard of this! Is it better than the regular Wii fit?

Christine said...

"Wii fit, 2 days ago"

Sorry, ALF!

Jill said...

Aw man, I was afraid of that. It's sounds like such a neat thing. Too bad it didn't come seperately. But that's ok. I'll get one once Jared graduates from high school. :-)