Friday, May 22, 2009

Cooperation, or Extreme Distaste

We have two cats: littermates.

Generally, that means we have one cat outside, and one inside. It is as if they have coordinated a schedule. Often, they will meet in the doorway, one going out, the other coming in. They'll give each other a quick sniff and go their separate ways.

The way I see it, this can mean one of two things.

Either they cannot stand each other (which is possible, as I get the impression that Ellie is kind of a demanding jerk).

Or, they have taken it upon themselves to guard our perimeter against mice, songbirds, squirrels, koi, snakes, baby bunnies, mummies and other things that require killing, 24/7. This is also a strong possibility, as they both seem to take their jobs very seriously.

It's just one of those situations when I wish I could listen in on their little cat conversations.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

"I'm on the hunt, I'm after you...."

Jill said...

That's way too cute! I guess they have their shifts down. I hope they remember that they get two 15 minute breaks by law.

Most of the time I think my cat is thinking, "Where are all my adoring fans? Five aren't nearly enough! Where's the paparazzi? They should be capturing this moment..."