Saturday, May 23, 2009

I am become Death, the Destroyer of worlds

Or, at least I am to the carpenter bee community.

Son #1 found them in the gazebo this morning and so tonight, as the sun sets, I shall attack them with Raid!

I did give brief consideration to the possibility of letting them live. Carpenter bees are so pudgy and friendly and cute, you know. But by the same token, they are destroying our gazebo, which I love. So, well, tough toenails for the bees.

And, yeah, I figure I can write about the yard all I want, without fear of becoming a Gardening Blog, if I quote the Baghavad Gita.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

The Gazebo should win...go, friend, go!!!

Jill said...

Becoming a gardening blogger, an ever present danger. I'd fall victim to it myself...except I don't actually garden.