Monday, May 04, 2009

Oh, the disappointment: Pig Edition

Son #1 heard a rumor that a student at the next school over has swine flu. "And if they have swine flu there, they'll close all the high schools in the county for TWO WEEKS!"

Naturally, I checked. Looks like the first swine flu case in our state is one county over....close enough to cause rumors, but not so close that the Sons get an automatic vacation.

So sad.

Oh, and to the lady in line at Wal-Mart: When your son walks up to my cart and starts shouting and hitting the poster board I bought Son #2...and your other son puts his box of Whoppers on the belt in the middle of my stuff...and your daughter grabs the pen on the credit card machine and starts pushing random buttons...

YEAH, you need to rein them in a bit.

I think today I was the entertainment/babysitter so you and your friend could hang out and ignore the chaos. The kids sure got a kick out of it, anyway...

1 comment:

Jill said...

I am SO GLAD we didn't close for swine flu!!! I don't think I could take any more make up days this year - we're still plowing through those hurricane days around here.

It's been quite the school year between the swine flu, the hurricane & the floods. I'm ready for it to be DONE!!!!!