Monday, July 07, 2008

Holy Moly, a Repair Miracle

"Someone from our service department will be out to look at your washer between 8 and 5, Monday."

You know what THAT means. Around 11, I would get a call saying they were "on their way" from the far end of the state. They would be here in about 3 hours, except they have to stop for lunch. So, you know, around 5:15 they would show up.

Not today.

It is 8:27 a.m. Jimmy from Sears has been in my basement for about 15 minutes, already. I can actually see the possibility of clean laundry TODAY.

Which is good, because our toilet just overflowed, so I used about 4 beach towels to soak it all up.

Update: Naturally, the part he needs is not on his truck. We have to wait until the 16th for a return visit. Ah, the laundromat. My new home away from home...

4 comments:

ALF said...

Should have known it was too good to be true...

Julie said...

I hate service calls. HATE THEM. Who has ALL DAY to wait. Or in your case, now two weeks. UGH!

Anonymous said...

Oh I was getting all impressed and then it all went tits up!
Sorry!

Jill said...

Yeah, that did sound almost too good to be true...

I actually have to do some math here & figure out - been told there's a laundry mat around the corner that might actually wash & fold the laundry for cheaper than what I pay at the apartment complex machines!