Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I STILL can't serve a beverage correctly

Not long ago, Son #4 declared that we needed juice glasses. The glasses we had in the cabinet were too large for juice.

My arguments that, firstly, any glass from which you drink juice becomes a juice glass, and secondly, that nothing prevents you from pouring a small amount of juice into a tall glass, were met with extreme eye-rolling and sighs.

A couple of weeks ago, I was at the thrift store and found several juice glasses. Cute ones, too-green glass with little flowers on the side. So I bought them, and put them in the cabinet.

Son #4 just drank something. And what did he say?

"You know what I really don't like? Green glasses. They make everything look green."

I. Give. Up.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Can't win fer losin' can yah?

I bought a set of glasses at the dollar store which the kids LOVED for about a week. Then they decided they were against them & never drank from them again. Like, they'll actually drink out of a coffee mug before drinking out of the glasses they formerly loved, all the while denying that they ever liked them.

ALF said...

Tell him that when he moves out he can buy whatever glasses he wants.

Julie said...

I find it funny that he knows the difference. AND he pointed it out. Hilarious! I love that the new glasses have flowers. AWESOME! Boys with flowerdy glasses!!!