Saturday, November 03, 2007

A book, a movie, a CD

Someone asked me, recently, what I'm reading (not much, lately). And of course MySpace has that "what are you listening to" thingy. And I read a movie review, the other day, that made me want to watch the movie.

So, here's one of each, for all y'all.

The Sparrow, by Mary Doria Russell. Oooh, I loved that book. Science fiction, theology, faith and betrayal and naivete and heartbreaking loss. Have you read it? Probably not, or you'd still be talking about it, with me. Now that I think of it, I think I'll read it again.

I've been listening to The Beatles' "One" CD, in the kitchen, and ACME Blues Company's "I Think I Made It", in the car. And lots of Green Day, of course, because Son #1 has eased back into Green Day, thank God. Soooo much better than some of the stuff he's been listening to, of late.

Last night, I watched Pootie Tang. It came out years ago, but apparently I missed it, at the time. RENT THIS MOVIE, it is hysterical. Son #1 thought it was pretty funny, too.

No comments: